1. Do you have a date for your event?
2. How many people do you want the cake to serve?
3. What is the special occasion?
4. Do you have a theme, color palette, an inspiration board, or general "look" for the party?
5. Is there a cake from my web site that you like? Or, is there a cake you've seen online that you like?
6. Do you have a flavor in mind for the cake?
You probably have some questions for me as well...such as:
1. "So, how much will this cost?" Obviously, the answer will depend on:
-the size of the cake
-how many tiers the cake will have
-the number of flavors you want in the cake
how many design elements you want on the cake, such as sugar flowers, tipsy elements, writing on the cake, sculptures,
carved cakes, cakes that look like something other than cake, etc.
In general, cakes start at $4 per serving, with a base price of $100.
2. "Do you use fondant on your cakes?" Yes, I usually cover cakes in fondant. I purchase a Swiss made fondant that tastes like the inside of an Oreo. I roll it quite thin, and think you will enjoy the appearance and flavor of a cake covered in high quality fondant. It really allows me to create cakes that are impossible with other mediums, such as this quilted effect.
But, if you are really opposed to fondant, we can alter the design to accomodate the use of buttercream, white chocolate ganache, or dark chocolate ganache.
3. "Can I come in to the office and speak to Claudia in person?" Mmm, probably not...since I am the sole cake decorator, and am busy making someone else's special cake, I do my best work if I stay focused. But, I keep a laptop computer in the kitchen and respond very quickly to your questions. I work from 10 am until 10 pm every day and am happy to return your phone calls and emails during that time period.
4. "If I don't come to your office, how will we decide on my cake design?" We will use the magical power of the computer, the digital scanner, and the telephone. If you don't have access to the internet or a telephone, then we might have some problems. But, my clients really like that they don't have to maneuver through Chicago traffic and weather to get the cake they desire.
5. "Can I get a drawing of the cake you will make for me?" Yes, if the cake costs $250 or more, I will probably need to draw the cake (unless we are copying a previous design) and will be happy to forward the sketch to you by email.
6. "Can I have a cake tasting?" I offer courtesy cake samples to brides. We will discuss the flavors you'd like to taste and set a date. I'll let you know when the samples are ready, and you may pick them up during office hours and take the samples home to share with as many (or as few) as you'd like. Many clients have a fun little cake tasting party with their parents, grandmother, best friend...it's up to you!
7. "Do you deliver?" Absolutely; in fact, I prefer delivering and setting up your beautiful cake to make sure everything is just right for you. The cost ranges from $25 - 40 for most Chicago and suburban deliveries, please expect more for far northern or southern suburbs, and difficult city deliveries (ie; high rise apartments).
8. "What payment options do you offer? I accept all major credit cards, checks, or cash. A 20% non refundable deposit is required to hold your date.
Ready to begin? Email Claudia at email@example.com or phone; 708-784-1984.